Learn how to manually place orders on your customer’s behalf, an ideal process for phone and walk-in sales.
- From the main menu, go to Orders > Order Entry and select Place New Order.
- Select a Store.
- Search for customers using their name, company or email address. For new customers, click Add New and enter their name and email address.
- Complete the Shipping, Billing, Order and Payment Information sections with the pertinent order information.
- The payment Terms set under Order Information will affect how the order will be processed. For example, if you select Cash Before Shipment, the order cannot be shipped until payment is collected.
- Payment Information can also be entered later if it is not yet determined.
- Override Shipping gives you the option to set a different amount to charge the customer for shipping.
- Select Modify Order to go back to the previous screen.
- To save the order as a quote, click the drop-down next to Submit and select the Save as Quote options.
- You can also send the quote to the customer by selecting Save as Quote and email.
Once you click Submit, the order will be completed and will have a “Pending” status. The order can be worked on as needed, e.g. to be held, modified or shipped.
Article is closed for comments.