Learn how to update inventory counts and bin locations by spreadsheet.
- Prerequisite: Have at Least 1 Generic Product Import Wizard
- Importing Inventory via Spreadsheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
If counting inventory is not an option, or if you already have a file of your current inventory counts, Jazva offers an easy way to update your bin locations.
By uploading a simple spreadsheet, you can update stock quantities in your bin locations and easily reconcile inventory in Jazva.
You can specify inventory by:
- Item ID (IID)
- Vendor ID (VID)
- Universal Product Code (UPC)
- Stock Keeping Unit (SKU)
- Warehouse code, vendor ID
Importing inventory is also the fastest way to create bin locations in Jazva. This can all be done by going to main menu > Products > Import Products.
Prerequisite: Have at Least 1 Generic Product Import Wizard
Before you can use the Import Products feature, you must have at least 1 existing Generic Product Import Wizard. Otherwise, you will be prompted to do so from the Data Exchange section of the Channels page.
You can easily create a new one by clicking on + and selecting the Generic Product Import Wizard. For more information or assistance, please visit Importing Products via Spreadsheet (Product Import Wizard).
Importing Inventory via Spreadsheet
- From the main menu, go to Products and select Import Products.
- Select any Generic Product Import Wizard.
- From the Import Product tab, select a Vendor or leave it as Multiple Vendors.
- Selecting a vendor is only to update the location for products from the specified vendor. So, if your file has products from multiple vendors, only the products from the specified vendor will be updated.
- Select a Warehouse.
- Click Download Sample to retrieve the Import Inventory template.
- Fill out the spreadsheet with your location data, including IID, quantity and location, etc.
- Upload your data.
- From the Data file section, click on Choose File and upload your spreadsheet.
- Alternatively, you can copy-paste your values directly on the Location Data text box.
- Select one of the two options on stock quantity:
- Set stock count to quantity - this option overrides your existing stock data.
- Increment stock by quantity - this option adds to the current stock data.
- Click Verify.
- Review the data and make sure that column headers are mapped correctly.
- Click Import to complete the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a bin location? Can i just upload them directly?
Currently, the only way to create locations in bulk is to update them with inventory counts.
If you really need to create locations in Jazva without inventory, you can import dummy counts of 1 in each location that needs to be created, on a single product using the Import Inventory tool. Once the import is complete, go ahead and delete the counts from the product. This way, the locations exist in Jazva but there aren't any products or inventory associated with them.
Please visit Creating, Labeling and Organizing Your Bin Locations for more information.
Article is closed for comments.