Learn how to find duplicate listings and merge your products manually.
When you import listings from multiple channels, Jazva automatically links them with matching products. However, the smallest variation in any of the key product information (primarily the SKU or attributes) will not match the listings correctly.
To match these products, they must be merged manually– meaning that while you may have various products listed as independent items in your channels, they will point to one product in Jazva.
Your channel-specific titles, categories, and even pricing will be maintained throughout the merging process. For products created in your channel then pulled into Jazva (grandfathered listings), merging will not modify your listings.
Once products are merged, inventory will be maintained through one primary product and then pushed to your channels in real time.
Finding Duplicate Products
- From the main menu, navigate to Setup and select Tools.
- From the Miscellaneous column, click Find Duplicate Products.
- Jazva will look through your products and identify any possible duplicates that could be merged. Keep in mind, some of these products could be actual duplicates.
- Once complete, you will see a list of all the products that share similar traits.
- If only one product is listed, without any secondary products, that means that items within the product can be merged.
- Green – Ready to merge: all items cleanly match other items. All secondary products will be merged into the primary product.
- Yellow – Mostly ready: possible mismatch of variations or attributes within the items.
- Red – Similar SKUs, but not able to merge because of missing attributes or variations.
Resolving Merge Errors
The yellow error indicates that most of the secondary products are able to merge into the primary product, but one or a few of the secondary products have a mismatch.
The red error means that there are mismatches between all the secondary products and the primary product.
The mismatches that cause products to be red or yellow can be due to:
- The secondary product has more variations than the primary product (e.g. if the primary product has red 6, red 7, red 8, but the secondary product has red6, red 7, red 8, red 9 – the product cannot automatically merge). In this situation, the system will offer you the choice to "Merge + Create" meaning that the product will be merged and the missing item will be created in the primary product.
- There is a "Virtual" notification that indicates duplicate listings for the same product on one channel. In this case, you can either create a "virtual item" of the product so that you can maintain two separate listings on the same channel but still have unified inventory OR you can delete one of the listings from your channel and in Jazva to clean up your product catalog.
- The primary product’s attributes are not labeled correctly. In this situation, you must check the product and verify that the attributes are uniform and correctly applied to the primary product and secondary products, as needed.
- A variation in SKUs. In this situation, you must choose which SKU is correct and then modify the incorrect SKUs so that all products are unified.
Once you have modified primary products in both the Yellow or Red listings, repeat the Find Duplicate Products steps. The products should now be green.
You may click Variations on each listing to check your work.
Click Merge to complete.
You may repeat the Find Duplicate Products process as needed to allow the system to reassess your items. From time to time, new products could be candidates for merging. On occasion, products must be merged multiple times to unify them under a single product.
If a product is not meant to be merged, they do not need to be modified from the tool’s listings. If they are separate products, they can remain as separate products.
If you would like them to not show up in your duplicate products listing, modify the SKUs so that they are markedly different from each other.