Learn how to find duplicate products and merge items in your database.
When you import listings from multiple channels, Jazva can link similar products to save you time and keep all your data accurate. However, the smallest variation in any of the key product information (primarily the SKU or attributes) could create unnecessary duplicate products in your database.
To ensure you have the right product and inventory information, you will need to match these products through manual merging. While you may have various products listed as independent item listings on your channels, they should point to one product in Jazva.
Your channel-specific titles, categories, and even pricing will be maintained throughout the merging process. For products created in your channel then pulled into Jazva (grandfathered listings), merging will not modify these grandfathered listings.
Once products are merged, inventory will be maintained through one base product and then pushed to your channels in real time.
Merging Items Manually
- Change the SKUs to the same one;
- Click on "Actions" button on the top right corner on product details page and click "Merge";
- On the merging page choose the main product by clicking on the title of the product;
- Then tick the checkboxes of the items for merging;
- As everything is chosen just click "Submit" to merge the items.
Finding Duplicate Products
- From the main menu, navigate to Products and select Listings.
- A table will appear, counting all your existing channels and listings. For each channel, Jazva will indicate the number of kit products, linked products and pending products. Duplicate products will appear under Pending.
- Click on the number of pending products from either the Channels total or individual channel row.
- You will be redirected to the Merge Products screen. Jazva will list all the products that share similar traits. You will see the primary product (the product that includes most of the variations of the other products), with secondary products listed below it.
- If only one product is listed, without any secondary products, that means that items within the product can be merged.
- Green – Ready to merge: all items cleanly match other items. All secondary products will be merged into the base product.
- Yellow – Mostly ready: possible mismatch of variations or attributes within the items.
- Red – Similar SKUs, but not able to merge because of missing attributes or variations.
Resolving Merge Errors
The yellow error indicates that most of the secondary products are able to merge into the base product, but one or a few of the secondary products have a mismatch.
The red error means that there are mismatches between all the secondary products and the base product.
The mismatches that cause products to be red or yellow may be due to:
- The secondary product has more variations than the base product. For example, if the base product has red 6, red 7, red 8, but the secondary product has red 6, red 7, red 8, red 9 – the product cannot merge automatically. In this situation, the system will offer you the choice to "Merge + Create" meaning that the product will be merged and the missing item will be created in the base product.
- There is a "Virtual" notification that indicates duplicate listings for the same product on one channel. In this case, you can either create a "virtual item" of the product so that you can maintain two separate listings on the same channel but still have unified inventory OR you can delete one of the listings from your channel and in Jazva to clean up your product catalog.
- The base product’s attributes are not labeled correctly. In this situation, you must check the product and verify that the attributes are uniform and correctly applied to the base product and secondary products, as needed.
- There is a variation in SKUs. In this situation, you must choose which SKU is correct and then modify the incorrect SKUs so that all products are unified.
Once you have modified the base products in both the Yellow or Red listings, repeat the Finding Duplicate Products steps above. The products should now be green.
You may click Variations on each listing to check your work.
Select the products to be merged and click Merge All to complete.
You may repeat the process as needed to allow the system to reassess your items. From time to time, new products could be candidates for merging. On occasion, products must be merged multiple times to unify them under a single product.
If a product is not meant to be merged, they do not need to be touched on this screen. If they are separate products, they can remain as separate products.
If you would like them to not show up in your duplicate products listing, modify the SKUs so that they are markedly different from each other.
A note on kits: When merging duplicates that are kits, you would first have to convert the kits into physical items, remove the listings, and then merge the items into the base product.
- Understanding Products in Jazva
- The Significance of SKUs
- Variations, Product Attributes & Soft Options
- Importing Products from Channels
- Moving and Copying Items
Article is closed for comments.