Learn how products are handled in Jazva, so you can sell effectively on all your channels.
- Products vs. Items
- Products vs. Listings
- Grandfathered Listings
- Amazon & FBA Listings
- Listing Statuses
Products are the commodities or merchandise you will be selling on your channels. You can set as many variations as you’d like (e.g. Small, Medium, Large, Blue or Green), but each variation must have a unique attribute (size or color).
In Jazva, your products will be used to:
- Publish listings on various marketplaces
- Maintain and track inventory counts
- Store variation data, statistics, and forecasting information
Importing products is easy within Jazva. You can import them directly from your marketplace channels, or upload them from a spreadsheet.
Once your channels have been activated, Jazva will import all the listings from your current sales channels and create products in Jazva based on those listings. These listings can then be organized and linked to real physical inventory.
For an overview of the product page, please visit Adding and Updating Products.
Products vs. Items
In Jazva, there’s a difference between products and items. Items are different variations within a product. For example, if you sell different sizes of a product, each size would be an item within that product.
Products vs. Listings
Similarly, products can have multiple listings on different marketplaces. A listing is an item listed on a sales channel. Once you import your products from a channel, they will be called grandfathered listings in Jazva.
A grandfathered listing is a product created in your channel and then pulled into Jazva.
- These listings will not be pushed back to your channels, therefore any changes you make in Jazva to grandfathered listings will not affect the listing on your channel.
- Products will only be imported once, so any changes made directly on the sales channel after the import will not affect grandfathered listings in Jazva.
- By default, Jazva will push only inventory updates for grandfathered listings.
These settings were made to prevent disruptions to your operations. To disable this and allow automatic product updates for grandfathered listings, you will need to create a publishing category.
Amazon & FBA Listings
Each product sold on Amazon is given a unique ASIN or Amazon Standard Identification Number. These listings may include listings in addition to your primary listings.
- Live for Everyone - the listing is live on the channel.
- Unpublished - the listing has not yet been published.
- Missing - Jazva is unable to locate the product on the channel.
- Delisted - Jazva has delisted the item from channel.
- Live Passive - the listing is on the channel, not grandfathered, but does not have a publishing category in Jazva.