Learn how products are handled in Jazva, so you can sell effectively on all your channels.
Products are the commodities or merchandise you will be selling on your channels. You can set as many variations as you’d like (e.g. Small, Medium, Large, Blue or Green), but each variation must have a unique attribute (size or color).
In Jazva, your products will be used to:
- Publish listings on various marketplaces
- Maintain and track inventory counts
- Store variation data, statistics and forecasting information
Importing products is easy within Jazva. You can import them directly from your marketplace channels, or upload them from a spreadsheet.
Once your channels have been activated, Jazva will import all the listings from your current sales channels and create products in Jazva based on those listings. These listings can then be organized and linked to real physical inventory.
Products vs. Items
In Jazva, there’s a difference between products and items. Items are different variations within a product. For example, if you sell different sizes of a product, each size would be an item within that product.
Products vs. Listings
Similarly, products can have multiple listings on different marketplaces. A listing is an item listed on a sales channel. Once you import your products from a channel, they will be called grandfathered listings in Jazva.
- Grandfathered Listings - A grandfathered listing is a product created in your channel and then pulled into Jazva. These listings will not be pushed back to your channels, therefore any changes you make in Jazva to grandfathered listings will not affect the listing on your channel. This initial setting was made to prevent disruptions to your operations, but can be disabled at any time.
- Amazon & Amazon FBA Listings - Each product sold on Amazon is given a unique ASIN or Amazon Standard Identification Number. These listings may include listings in addition to your primary listings.