When sellers want to avoid creating a new ASIN on Amazon, they can opt to 'tag' an existing Amazon ASIN. This article guides you through the process within Jazva.
- Prepare a Jazva item to be 'pushed' into the Amazon listing, similar to a regular listing. You can either dedicate a separate kit or virtual Jazva item or use an item (inventory or kit) already sold on another channel.
- Identify the existing ASIN to which you want to attach your new seller SKU (listing).
Steps to Link Your Jazva Item to an Amazon ASIN:
- Open the Jazva item you want to push to Amazon.
- Verify the data that will be sent to Amazon, including the Amazon seller SKU (defined by the SKU Template in your Channel's Listing Profile), price for your new listing, and inventory.
- Scroll down to the "Channels" section and click on the channel you want to add your listing to.
- If the item is not "Published to" this channel, click "show inactive channels" to reveal the 'inactive' channel. Click on the channel.
- In the modal that opens, click on "Publish to YourChannelName." You may need to reload the page to see your changes.
- Alternatively, you can add the "Publish to" category, as explained in other Help Center articles about publishing listings.
- On the channel modal, find the default SETUP tab with several fields. Ensure that both Listing ID and External ID are blank and locked.
- Unlock the Listing ID field and paste the ASIN you want to attach your new listing to. Do NOT fill in the External ID field.
- Click "SAVE CHANGES."
- Your listing is now ready to be published to Amazon.
- Publish your listing to your desired channel following the steps outlined in other Help Center articles about publishing listings.
- To push a single listing, open the channel modal (as in step 4) and click ADD/EDIT Listing from the dropdown actions on the bottom.
- The listing status in Jazva will be "To Be Linked." After publishing (step 8), Amazon will process the data from Jazva. Monitor the status in Jazva, and your new listing will appear in your Amazon Seller Central with the data sent from Jazva, including the pasted ASIN, your SKU, price, and inventory.
- Allow Amazon sufficient time to process your feeds. Check your channel's activity log for more information about your feeds and Amazon's response.