Soft options allow customers to customize their products further. A few examples of soft options are: engraving text on an item, applying colorful patches to a product, etc. Soft options do not require inventory tracking, which means that there is no need to create separate items for them. Additionally, any number of soft options can apply to any product. Both users and order entry operators will be able to choose the desired soft options, which will then get printed on packing slips, notifying the staff to apply the options to the product. To set up soft options, follow these steps:
- From the left-hand main menu, go to Setup and select Attributes List.
- Scroll down to the Soft Options section
- Enter the attribute name in the New soft list field and click the create button.
- Select the soft option from the list.
- Input the values that will appear under the soft option, one on each line, as desired (e.g. red, blue, striped). If no values are listed, users will be offered a text field to type any value they desire (perfectly suited for message engraving)
- Click the update button and the soft option will be saved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.