Learn how to customize your categories in Jazva using advanced settings.
Categories in Jazva are highly customizable, allowing you to adjust their channel-specific settings and set specific rules and requirements.
Before you customize your categories, we recommend first learning how to create and manage categories in Jazva.
Published to Channels
This setting allows you set rules for publishing products to specific sales channels. Adding this category to a product will permit it to be published on a channel.
- Open an existing category.
- From the category setup page, scroll down to the Published to channels section.
- Click the +Add drop-down and select the channel to publish the category.
- Select a Remote ID if applicable*.
- Click Add and the channel will be added to the list.
*Amazon and Walmart Marketplace require that data for different product types be sent in different file formats. For example, the format for their Shoes category is different from their Luggage category. Therefore in Jazva, a different publishing category is required for each product type you publish to the channel. To select which product type the category will publish for, select the appropriate option from the Remote ID drop-down list.
This setting will exclude products from being published to a sales channel.
- From the category setup page, scroll down to the Excluded from section.
- Click the +Add drop-down and select the channel to exclude the category from.
- Click Add and the channel will be added to the Excluded from list.
The Excluding From function overrides the Published to Channels function, even if the Published to Channels function is not deactivated.
Most sales channels (such as Amazon and eBay) require a mapped category to list a product on their marketplace. A category’s mapping must match the marketplace’s hierarchy of categories (category tree).
- Open an existing category and scroll down to the Category Mappings section. A list of channels that require mapped categories will be included.
- Click the Edit icon on the right of the channel you wish to map.
- From the dialog box, start typing a category name in the autocomplete Category field and search for the channel-specific category to map the category to.
- Select the channel-specific category from the auto-completed results.
- Click Save to complete.
To ensure that you select the channel-specific category from the autocompleted results, you must tag the correct category from the channel’s own category tree.
These channel-specific category trees are already pre-set in Jazva; however, only channels that you have activated will appear on Step 2.
Channels can have various listing profiles and shipping options reserved for specific groups and tiers. They can be configured in the Channel-Specific Setup section.
- From the category setup page, scroll down to the Channel-Specific Setup section. A list of channels that require mapped categories will be included.
- Click the +Add drop-down list and select the channel you wish to configure.
- In the dialog box, edit the various settings and options available. The options displayed are based on your channel’s set up.
- Click Add to save your changes.