Learn how to create an eBay shipping profile and assign it to a product in Jazva
Adding a Shipping Profile
Shipping profiles give you the ability to define what type of shipping policy options your products will use on eBay.
- From the main menu, navigate to Setup and select Channels.
- Open an existing eBay channel.
- Click the Listing Profiles tab.
- Under the Common Setup section, click Manage Shipping Profiles.
- Click +Add Shipping Profile.
- In the dialog box, enter a profile Name and click Create.
- Enter a Packaging Weight (oz) that will be added to your parcels [optional].
- Enter Domestic and International mail class options, defining:
- Service - the mail class and carrier type.
- Base Rate - the shipping cost for the first item.
- Additional Item Rate - the shipping cost for each additional item.
- Handling Charge [optional] - additional fees for handling.
- Combined Discount ID - ebay’s combined shipping discount.
- Apply Promotional Discounts - sets the eBay shipping policy assigned to this shipping profile to use eBay’s promotional shipping rule.
- Apply Rate Table [optional] - sets the eBay shipping policy assigned to this shipping profile to use eBay’s shipping rate table.
For domestic options using FedEx and UPS, you can apply a surcharge for AK, HI and PR destinations.
For international options, you can select destinations to include or exclude, and you also have the option to use eBay’s Global Shipping program.
Click Save to complete setup.
Shipping profiles can be set as channel defaults and can also be assigned to products by creating categories with a channel-specific setting. To learn more, see Advanced Category Settings.
Assigning a Shipping Profile to a Product Category
After configuring your shipping profiles, you will need to assign it to an eBay category before adding it to a product.
- From the main menu, go to Products and select Categories.
- Create or edit a category you want to apply to your products.
- Under Channel-Specific Setup, click +Add and select the appropriate eBay channel.
- From the new window, select your shipping profile in the Shipping Profile dropdown menu.
- Click Add to finalize your changes.
Once you have assigned the shipping profile to your category, products with this category will be updated with the shipping profile.
To learn more on how to add a category to a product, please visit Adding and Updating Products.