Learn how to set up your eBay account in Jazva.
Creating a New eBay Channel in Jazva
Before you create an eBay channel, please make sure the Paypal account that that eBay account is linked to is set up in Jazva. To do so, go to Setup > Payment Gateways and add the eBay gateway.
More help on setting up Paypal payment gateways can be found here
1. From the main menu, go to Setup and select Channels.
2. From the Marketplace section, click the + icon and select eBay.
3. Complete the required fields and options on the Channel Config wizard:
- Channel Name – give your channel a name.
- Channel Code – give your channel a code for reference.
- eBay Site - Select the eBay US or eBay Canada.
- Parent Web Channel – sets a channel to be the basis of default settings of the Ebay channel. The parent web channel needs to be activated in order to show in the dropdown menu.
4. Enter your Return Address information, then click Next to continue.
5. Review your information and click Create Channel.
The new channel will be listed under the Marketplace section of the Channels page.
Obtaining an eBay Token
Upon creating a new channel, you should be redirected to its Setup tab. To complete the setup, you will need to obtain a new eBay token. Tokens will give Jazva permission to access your eBay account.
1. Click the Get New Token button.
2. You will be redirected to eBay. Sign into your account.
3. Review the consent agreement and click Agree.
Once you finish obtaining an eBay token, you should be redirected to the channel’s Setup tab.
Configuring Your eBay Channel Settings
Jazva offers a wide range of options you can update to finetune your channel. Many of these settings are optional, but we recommend you review every single option available.
- Channel Name – give a name for the channel.
- Channel Code – give the channel a code and color for your reference.
- eBay Auth Token - allows you to obtain a new token if needed
- Parent Web Channel – sets a channel to be the basis of default settings of the eBay channel. The parent web channel needs to be activated in order to show in the dropdown menu.
- Import Orders - set how Jazva should retrieve orders from eBay.
- Process Orders From - set a date from which orders should be imported.
- Last Order Sync Date - Jazva will pull order data from all orders from after this date.
- You can scroll down and click on Advanced Settings to complete or update additional settings as needed:
- Maximum Inventory – sets a maximum monetary amount of inventory to be published to the channel per SKU. For example, the limit is set at $3,000 and a SKU that is sold for $40 has an inventory on hand of 220pcs. Jazva will only publish 75 pieces to the channel (75 x $40 = $3,000).
- Maximum Inventory Count – sets a maximum unit amount of inventory to be published to the channel.
- Import Customers with Orders - if you check this box, new CRM contacts will be created when importing your orders.
- Channel Merging Priority - this only applies when merging products. The higher this number, the products sold on this channel will have more priority to be selected as the main product when merging.
- Import Listings - set how Jazva should import* your products from eBay.
*Please note that Jazva does not import product descriptions from eBay listings. We recommend managing your descriptions on the actual products to prevent errors that may occur.
- Publish Listings - select how you would like Jazva to publish and update your listings. This option will not affect inventory updates.
- Re-import All Active Listings – mark this checkbox to import all listings from the channel.
- Import Updates for Existing Grandfathered Listings – this setting will import the updates for grandfathered listings.
- This import will only update images, bullets, categories and compatibility.
- Bullets will only be added if they do not exist yet in Jazva. Changes to existing bullets will not be updated.
- Max Order Handling Time (days) – sets a handling time.
- Leave Feedback When Shipped - Check this box if you want Jazva to automatically leave feedback when orders are shipped.
- Feedback Messages - sets a default feedback message when “Leaving Automatic Feedback” is enabled. Add multiple options as needed, and Jazva will select one randomly for each order.
- Require Immediate Payment - this setting requires buyers to immediately pay for listings they purchase via PayPal. Without this option, buyers will be able to delete listings at any time. eBay does not allow this option to be enabled for listings with a Fixed or BuyItNow price over $10,000. It will be ignored for such listings.
- Additional Payment Methods - select payment methods not processed automatically through Jazva or eBay. Orders using these payment methods won't be imported until payments are manually recorded on eBay.
- Returns Accepted - this setting permits the channel to accept returns.
- Return Within - sets the validity period of your return policy.
- Return Shipping Paid By - configure who pays for the return shipping in your eBay listings.
- Refund Option - sets the refund options available.
- Payment Instructions - this content will be published as the channel’s payment instructions.
- Return Policy Description - this content will be published as the channel’s return policy instructions.
- Tax Rules - Click the button to export your rate table.
- Image Option - sets a default size to the images published on the channel.
- PayPal - – sets a Paypal account to credit for orders.
- Enable Email Communications for This Channel - Activating this setting will allow emails to be sent out from this channel.
- Base Category – sets the root category for importing products and mapping other categories.
- Store Base Category – sets the root category for importing products and mapping other categories for a designated Ebay store.
- Sandbox – sets the channel on sandbox mode. This must be unchecked to set your channel active.
- Channel Owner – sets a designated owner of the channel.
6. Click Update to save your settings.
7. Switch to the Profile tab and complete or update the pertinent contact and shipping information.
8. Select eligible Shipping Carriers for the channel. It is recommended to check All Carriers, so that Jazva can automatically select the least expensive shipping method and carrier from all your set options.
9. Click Save, and return to the channel’s Setup tab.
10. Click Activate and the channel will be live.