Learn how to create journal entries in Jazva.
A journal entry records a business transaction. It includes pertinent information on the transaction and itemizes the accounts that are debited and credited.
- From the main menu, go to Financials and select Add Journal Entry.
- Complete the form with the pertinent transaction information.
- Date Created – the date the entry is created.
- Date Posted – the date the entry will be recorded.
- Memo – the journal entry name.
- Account – select the accounts that will be debited and credited.
- Amount – the amount that will be applied to the selected accounts.
- Party – Select the customer that the journal entry item will be applied to. [optional]
- Click Submit button to record the journal entry
In accordance to GAAP double entry principles, Jazva will not process a journal entry if the debit and credit amounts are not balanced.