Learn how to set up your main web channel.
The main web channel is the most basic channel type and is used to manage a Jazva-hosted web store. Even if you’re not planning on selling on your own web store, you need to set up a main web channel in order to process returns as well as phone and walk-in orders.
A web channel can also be used as a parent web channel for marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. Doing so unifies the similar traits of different channels, simplifying the setup of marketplaces and platforms that may have unique requirements.
Creating a New Web Channel in Jazva
1. From the main menu, go to Setup and select Channels.
2. From the Marketplace section, click the + icon and select the Jazva logo from the list of channels.
3. Complete the required fields and options on the Channel Config wizard:
- Channel Name - give the channel name.
- Channel Code - the channel code and color code.
- Enter your Return Address information, then click Next to continue.
- Enter a Host Name, the domain hosting your webstore, and click Create Channel.
Configuring Your Main Channel Settings
1. Complete the following settings and options on the Setup tab:
- Channel Merging Priority - This setting applies only when merging products from two or more channels. Enter a number to define the priority of this channel when merging products. The higher the number, the higher the chance that products from this channel will be selected as the main product when merging.
- Import Listings - enabling this will set Jazva to import all products and orders from the channel. Select a frequency of import.
- Publish Listings - select how you would like Jazva to publish and update your listings. This option will not affect inventory updates.
- Credit Card Gateway - set a credit card gateway to capture credit card payments.
- Image Option - sets a default size to the images published on the channel.
- PayPal - sets a PayPal account to credit for orders.
- Fraud Score Threshold - sets a fraud score limit that will hold orders if exceeded.
- Product Review Reward Amount - a monetary value rewarded for product reviews.
- Enable Email Communications for This Channel - Activating this setting will allow emails to be sent out from this channel.
- Allow Anonymous Product Reviews - Check this box if you’d like users to post product reviews anonymously.
- Base Category - sets the root category for importing products and mapping other categories.
- Collect Order Balance in Full - This setting lets you enable or disable Jazva from capturing the full order total for staggered or partial shipments. If this option is unchecked, Jazva will only charge the respective invoice total when each invoice is shipped. If checked, the full order total will be collected as soon as the first shipment is shipped.
- Jazva Billing Code - for internal use.
- Sandbox - sets the channel on sandbox mode. You will need to uncheck this box to set the channel live.
- Channel Owner - sets a designated owner of the channel.
2. Click Update to save your settings.
3. Switch to the Profile tab and complete or update the pertinent contact and shipping information.
4. Select eligible Shipping Carriers for the channel. It is recommended to check All Carriers, so that Jazva can automatically select the least expensive shipping method and carrier from all your set options.
5. Click Save, and return to the channel’s Setup tab.
6. Click Activate and the channel will be live.