You can send out emails using Jazva’s mailbox or configure it to use an external email server, allowing you to send out messages on your preferred email account.
Setting Up Your Email Server
- From the main menu, go to Setup and select Global Settings.
- Click the Email tab.
- Set up the required server settings and account credentials:
- Main SMTP Host – the mail server that will send the messages.
- Port – the port to connect to the mail server.
- Email Internal Username – the login credentials for the email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Internal Password – the password to access the email account.
- Use Authorization – the setting to use the authorization credentials to access the server. Enter true or false for Yes or No respectively.
- TLS – the setting to use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt the emails sent to the mail server. Enter true or false for Yes or No respectively.
- Email From – the name that will appear as the sender.
- Email Dropship From – the name that will appear as the sender for drop-ship emails only.
- Email Dropship BCC – the account set as BCC for drop-ship emails only.
- Email Global BCC – the account set as BCC for all emails. Multiple email addresses can be included as BCC recipients, enter their addresses separated by commas.
- Email Default Alert Email – the account to be notified of configuration and other important system errors and alerts (typically your System Administrator or IT Manager).
- Test Email – a catch-all account which will receive all emails sent when the system is in TEST MODE.
The following options are for setting up a specific email account that will receive your vendor invoices:
- Email_invoices_protocol - the protocol type of the email account, such as Imap or Pop3.
- Email_invoices_host - the host of the email account.
- Email_invoices_user - the login credentials for the email account (e.g. email@example.com).
- Email_invoices_password - the password to access the email account.
- Email_invoices_folder - the specific folder within the email account’s inbox that the emails will be placed.
Click Update All to save your changes.
To confirm if the mail server has been set up successfully, perform tests if messages are being sent out. Depending on your email service provider and personal settings, additional notifications and confirmation prompts may need to be addressed to complete the connection.