You can send out newsletters using Jazva’s mailbox or configure it to use an external email server, allowing you to send out messages on your preferred email account.
Setting Up Your Newsletters Email Server
- From the main menu, go to Setup and select Global Settings.
- Click the Newsletters tab.
- Set up the required server settings and account credentials:
- SMTP Host for Newsletters – the mail server that will send the newsletter.
- Port – the port to connect to the mail server.
- Email Newsletter From – the name that will appear as the sender for newsletter emails only.
- Email Mass Username – the login credentials for the email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Mass Password – the password to access the email account.
- Use Authorization – the setting to use the authorization credentials to access the server. Enter true or false for Yes or No respectively.
- TLS – the setting to use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt the emails sent to the mail server. Enter true or false for Yes or No respectively.
- Batch Size – the number of emails that will be sent in each iteration of the timer.
- Send confirm email on newsletter signup page – Send confirmation email after subscribing on newsletter signup page.
- Send confirm email during checkout page – Send confirmation email to after subscribing on checkout page.
- Send confirm email on user’s account page – Send confirmation email after subscribing on user’s account page.
- Send confirm email on user admin page – Send confirmation email after subscribing on user’s admin page.
Click Update All to save your changes.
To confirm if the mail server has been set up successfully, perform tests that messages are sending out. Depending on your email service provider and personal settings, additional notifications and confirmation prompts may need to be addressed to complete the connection.