Learn how to create a channel for Walmart Marketplace.
- Finding Your Walmart Account Identifiers
- Creating a New Walmart Channel in Jazva
- Configuring Your Walmart Channel Settings
More than 29% of Amazon sellers are planning to join Walmart Marketplace by the end of the year, and every multi-channel retailer needs to take Walmart seriously. For an objective view of the marketplace, please visit Pros and Cons of Selling on Walmart Marketplace.
Walmart is growing at an accelerated rate, having acquired many notable players in ecommerce, including Jet, ShoeBuy, Moosejaw, Bonobos, and more recently, the delivery logistics startup Parcel.
If you still do not have a Walmart Seller Account, we can get you started fast. Simply complete this Walmart Seller Application form today.
Finding Your Walmart Account Identifiers
- Log into to your seller account at https://seller.walmart.com
- Click the Gear (General Settings) icon.
- Under the API heading, select Consumer IDs & Private Keys.
- Copy the Consumer ID and Regenerate Key to be used as the Consumer ID and Consumers Secret in Jazva.
You may now use these credentials to connect your Walmart account to Jazva. For more information, you may visit API Settings in the Seller Center.
Creating a New Walmart Channel in Jazva
1. From the main menu, navigate to Setup and select Channels.
2. From the Marketplace section, click the + icon and select Walmart.
3. Complete the required fields and options for Channel Config:
- Channel Name – give your channel a name.
- Channel Code – give your channel a code for reference.
- Parent Web Channel – the channel that will be the basis of default settings of the Walmart channel.
4. Enter your Return Address information, and click Next to continue.
5. Review your information and click Create Channel.
The channel will be listed under the Marketplace section of the Channels page.
Configuring Your Walmart Channel Settings
Jazva offers a wide range of options you can update to finetune your channel. Many of these settings are optional, but we recommend you review every single option available on the Setup tab.
- Complete or update the following settings as needed:
- Process Orders From - set a date from which orders should be imported.
- Last Order Sync Date - Jazva will pull order data from all orders from after this date.
- Import Orders - this setting activates the importing of orders and sets which types of orders will be included.
- Maximum Inventory – sets a maximum monetary amount of inventory to be published to the channel per SKU. For example, the limit is set at $3,000 and a SKU that is sold for $40 has an inventory on hand of 220pcs. Jazva will only publish 75 pieces to the channel (75 x $40 = $3,000).
- Maximum Inventory Count – sets a maximum unit amount of inventory to be published to the channel.
- Import Customers with Orders - New CRM contacts will be created along with your orders
- Channel Merging Priority - this setting applies only when merging products from two or more channels. Enter a number to define the priority of this channel when merging products. The higher the number, the higher the chance that products from this channel will be selected as the main product when merging.
- Import Listings - imports all products from the channel and sets its frequency.
- Publish Listings - select how you would like Jazva to publish and update your listings. This option will not affect inventory updates.
- Image Option - sets a default size to the images published on the channel.
- Enable Email Communications for This Channel - Activating this setting will allow emails to be sent out from this channel.
- Base Category – sets the root category for importing products and mapping other categories.
- Jazva Billing Code - internal code for reference.
- Consumer ID - the account’s consumer ID.
- Consumers Secret - the account’s secret key.
- Sandbox – sets the channel on sandbox mode. You need to uncheck this box to set the channel live.
- Channel Owner – sets a designated owner of the channel.