If you use Jazva’s Webstore, you can create relationships, linking add-on products to other products.
- Creating a New Relationship Group
- Adding Items to the Group
- Displaying an Add-on Group as Multiple Dropdowns
- Creating Bidirectional Relationships
- Unlinking & Deleting Relationship Groups
Products listed on Jazva webstores can be tied to product groups, allowing you to upsell, match or suggest related items.
You can build as many product relationships as you’d like, since a product can be related to multiple groups.
Related products will suggest items in the same group, while products with add-on relationships will give your customers the option to purchase add-on items within the original product.
Creating a New Relationship Group
The first step is to create the relationship in Jazva.
- Open an existing product.
- Scroll down to Relationship Groups, click Add and select Add New Relationship Group.
- Name the group and select a Type:
- Related - create a group of related products.
- Add-on - create add-on options for the product.
- Add-on groups can be required or optional. Setting the Required option will make it mandatory for customers to select an add-on before they can buy the product.
- Shared - If you have a shared relationship group, that relationship group (and the product relationship) will be shared between the physical product and any virtual (kits with 1 item and quantity 1) with that physical as component.
- Click Save to create the relationship.
Adding Items to the Group
- From an existing Relationship Group, under the Search and add text field, type in a product name or PID to pull items from your product database.
- Tick the checkboxes of the items you wish to add, and select Add Items.
- Items will be added to the group. You can modify individual items within the group by clicking on the pencil icon. The modifications will only apply when your customers group the items:
- Title Modificator - overwrite the name of the product if desired.
- Price Modificator - set a fixed price, i.e. 37.20
- Percent Off Price Modificator - set a % off calculation of the original product price. Enter a number such as 30.
Displaying an Add-on Group as Multiple Drop-downs
By default, each add-on relationship group will appear as separate drop-down options within the product on the frontend.
Alternatively, you can have a single relationship group display multiple drop-down menus by adding Product Group Categories.
- From the product group, edit an item by clicking the pencil icon.
- Add a category under Product Group Category.
- Repeat to other products as needed.
- The add-on products within the group should now appear as multiple drop-downs options.
Creating Bidirectional Relationships
By default, products added to the group are not automatically inversely related, meaning that related and add-on items will not reflect the same relationships when a customer selects them on the frontend.
Imagine that you have product A, and you add a "Related" relationship group with products B and C.
Doing so will give you relationships of A->B and A->C
Clicking Relate All will apply relationships across all products in the group, i.e. B->A, B->C, C->A, B->C
On the other hand, Inverse Relate will only add a bidirectional relationship (B->A and C->A in this example).
To apply the same relationship settings to other items:
- From the existing group, select the checkboxes next to each add-on or related item.
- Select Inverse Relate to create bidirectional relationships.
- For related groups, you can select Relate All to add all possible relationships among products within the group.
Unlinking & Deleting Relationship Groups
Unlinking a group will remove the group from the specific item. Deleting a group will delete the group from the system, so any other product that is using that group will also be unlinked from this relationship group.
- From the relationship group, click the gear icon.
- Select Unlink or Delete.