You can import images for multiple products via the basket. This allows you to upload images in bulk through one simple and efficient process. To learn how to use the basket in general, please visit Performing Basket Actions.
Step 1: Name the Product Images and Folders
In order to match the right image to their corresponding products, you need to specify a consistent naming convention. You need to create image folders on your computer.
A specific naming convention is required to match images to their corresponding products.
There are two naming convention options you can follow based on how you group the images and folders:
Option 1. One Folder with Images for Multiple Products
The first option requires you to create a single folder with multiple product images. You can name the folder anything, but make sure that there are no sub-folders within the folder.
Example 1: If the Product SKU is 123APPLE and it has three images to upload, name the images in the following format:
Example 2: If the Product SKU is 789ORANGE and it has two images, name the images in the following format:
You can use either “_” or “-“ to add the number into the file name.
Option 2. Individual Folders for Each Product’s Images
This option lets you create image folders specific to each product. Each product folder must be named after the product SKU, and each image must contain the file number only.
For example, if the Product SKU is CAR123 and it has four images in one folder, use the following naming conventions:
Product Folder Name: CAR123
Product Image Names:
Step 2: Create the Zip File
- Group your images into batches of no more than 200 images.
- Compress the folder/s into a single zip file.
- You can only upload one zip file at a time, which should not exceed 100MB in size.
Step 3: Perform the Import
Adding Products to the Basket
- Perform a Product Search for the products you will be uploading images to.
- Select the products you want to modify by ticking the checkboxes next to them.
- Click the +Cart Icon to add the products to the basket.
- You should see the Basket icon on the top right corner indicating the number of items in your basket.
Importing the Images
- From the main menu, navigate to Products and select Import Images.
- Click Choose File to and select the zip file you created from Step 2.
- Select an Import Manner for the upload. This only applies for products with existing images already.
- Append – this option will add images unto the existing images.
- Replace – this option will replace existing images with the uploaded images.
- Skip – this option prevent any images from being uploaded.
- Thumbnail – this option limits the update to thumbnail images only.
- Search for SKUs in Full Path – set this option if you grouped your images into separate folders for each product.
- Resize – will resize the images to the size entered.
- Quality – will set the image quality to the quality entered.
Click Import to execute the upload. DO NOT LEAVE THE IMPORT IMAGE PAGE until the upload is complete. To continue working on Jazva, open other tabs and reopen Jazva as needed.