Adding, Modification and Testing label printers.
A printer can be a physical or virtual printer. For virtual printers, they allow users converting labels into Adobe Acrobat (PDF) documents for later printing. Jazva is equipped in supporting both printer types.
Visit our Recommended Equipment article for best Jazva printer setup and experience.
Print Server Setup
Jazva provides clients with a pre-configured print server device; allowing users the flexibility connecting various printers to client computers in a network.
The Jazva platform offers users direct print shipping and barcode thermal label capabilities. Due to printer or print server tedious network configuration, Jazva provides its clients with a print server device specifically configured. This print server is a compact and plug-and-play device. Ultimately, simplifying print server setup process to a few connections; leading to users printing labels in no time.
- Connect USB cable from Printer 1 to Jazva Print Server USB Port A. See Figure 1.
- Optional: Connect USB cable from Printer 2 to Jazva Print Server USB port B. See Figure 1.
- Connect network (Ethernet) cable connector (RJ45) to Print Server Ethernet Port. See Figure 2.
- Connect Power Supply Adapter cable connector (USB Micro B) to Print Server Power Port. See Figure 3.
Once connecting and powering Jazva's print server, we proceed in setting printer(s) using instructions provided below.
- From the main menu, navigate to Setup and select Shipping -> Printers.
- Existing printers will be displayed, including default Jazva printer setup.
- Name: Refer to Jazva's print server configuration label found under "N" (If necessary, user may re-name printer). Refer to Figure 4.
- Host: Refer to Jazva's print server configuration label found under "H". Refer to Figure 5.
- Port: Refer to Jazva's print server configuration label found under "P". Refer to Figure 6.
- Default labels: Select "Yes" from drop-down list, only for default label printer setups. See Figure 7.
- Default barcodes: Select "Yes" from drop-down list, only for default barcode printer setups. See Figure 7.
- W": Enter printer Page Width (4 in. is recommended) See Figure 7.
- H": Enter printer Page Height (6 in. is recommended) See Figure 7.
- Rotated: Select "No" from drop-down list. See Figure 7.
- Paper align: Select "Center" from drop-down list. See Figure 7.
- Format: Select "ZPL" (Newer Zebra models) or "EPL" (Older Zebra models) or "GIF" (PDF Output Format) from drop-down list. See Figure 7.
- Click Submit blue icon in saving new or current printer configurations. See Figure 7.
Test your newly setup printers connected to Jazva's Print Server.
- From the main menu, click Setup and select Shipping -> Printers.
- Existing printers are listed and displayed. To test printing capability, click print icon () under the Test column, and your printer should start printing. See Figure 8.
- If printer fails printing, refer to your printer configurations. For additional print server assistance, please contact Jazva support center.
Thermal Label Printers
Specific printer designation for particular thermal label pick-list print jobs without altering default printer settings. This allows multiple print batches. Simultaneously, eliminating waiting period for one job printing completion.
To use this feature, enable "small pick-lists" under Global Settings -> Shipping. Next time you process a batch, click on Print drop-down list; resulting displaying available alternative printers.