Learn how to import orders from a spreadsheet using Jazva’s Order Import wizard.
The Order Import wizard allows you to upload orders in bulk from a spreadsheet. This is a useful tool for orders placed from outside of Jazva's integrations.
Jazva provides a default order import wizard, but you can add more as needed. Jazva can import any spreadsheet layout by mapping its column headers automatically, eliminating the need to reformat your data.
Creating a New Order Import Wizard
Jazva lets you create as many order import wizards as needed. When you import orders, you need to map the right data, and some channels or partners may have a very different data set from your other import wizards.
This is why we recommend creating and saving different import wizards instead of resetting or remapping your data columns.
- From the main menu, go to Setup and select Channels.
- Scroll down to the Data Exchange section and click +.
- Select Generic Order Import Wizard.
- From the Setup page, enter a Name for the channel.
- Click Update to finish setting up the new Data Exchange channel.
The new import wizard will now be listed in your Channels page under the Data Exchange section. You can continue on to upload your spreadsheet in the steps below.
Performing an Order Import
- From the main menu, navigate to Orders > Order Entry and select Import Orders.
- Select an order import wizard if you have more than one wizard.
- Switch to the Import Orders tab.
- Select a Parent Web Channel where the channel’s orders will be placed under.
- Complete the following settings:
- File Type - select table or XML. Leave as default “table” when importing a spreadsheet.
- Import with Status
- Unpaid - orders will come in as Waiting, with a balance due.
- Paid - orders will come in as Pending.
- Skip Number of Lines Before Header - optional. Sometimes order exports may have 2 or 3 rows of unimportant or empty data. Use this to skip lines.
- Reset Mapping From Uploaded File – this setting informs Jazva of new column headers and reset its import headers based on the file. If you have previously uploaded the same file, there is no need to reset the mapping.
- To upload your data, click Choose File and select your Excel spreadsheet.
- Alternatively, you can click Enter Directly and copy-paste the values into the Orders Data box.
- Click Upload & Verify to begin the import.
- Once complete, the data will be displayed horizontally with the column headers listed on the left column from top to bottom, representing your spreadsheet’s left to right column headers.
- The data in the subsequent columns from left to right represent the data under each of your spreadsheet’s columns from top to bottom.
- Review the names of the column headers of the uploaded sheet. You may need to adjust their mapping by selecting the correct values from the dropdown list beside each column header.
- Once all the headers match the mapped values, click Import & Finish to execute the final upload.
The orders will now be in the system and searchable from the Global Search Bar and Orders module. Order details are included in the import.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the order import also affect my warehouse inventory?
Jazva can deduct inventory from your warehouses if you indicate it in your import file. When importing orders, you can map specific warehouses to allocate or deduct inventory from. This will will work for both shipped and unshipped orders.
To map a warehouse during order import, simply add a "Warehouse" column in your import file, and use a facility name or code.