To ensure accurate inventory counts in your system and across channels, you will need to count your inventory. This is especially important when using Jazva for the first time.
Jazva's inventory management features are contingent upon having correct inventory counts entered into the system. Please follow these procedures closely to ensure accuracy.
- Prior to counting, you will need to set up your bin locations in Jazva.
- We also recommend that you print out location labels to ensure accuracy when counting.
- You can either use a scanner or our IOS mobile app to count your items. Please check out our recommended equipment for details.
- Ensure that your warehouse team knows that no orders should be processed during inventory counting
- Counting can be done by multiple team members simultaneously though it is important that there is no overlapping of bin counts
- From the main menu, navigate to Inventory and select Inventory > Count Inventory.
- Go to the first bin that you are counting and scan the location label.
- Remove all of the items from that bin.
- Scan each item in that bin and then place the item back into the bin.
- After scanning each individual item, scanning the location label of the next bin to be counted will automatically submit the counts from the previous bin.
- Complete steps 4-7 for each bin to be counted.
- Any exceptions will show up under the Reconcile Inventory section.
*If a bin location label was scanned incorrectly but no inventory was scanned in for the bin, simply scan the correct location label to cancel the count for the incorrectly scanned bin. If a bin location label was scanned incorrectly but product items were scanned for the incorrect location, simply scan the correct location label and rescan all of the items. You will then also need to complete steps 4-7 above for the incorrectly scanned bin to reconcile your inventory correctly.