Learn how to create a channel on Rakuten.
Creating a New Rakuten Channel in Jazva
1. From the main menu, navigate to Setup and select Channels.
2. From the Marketplace section, click the + icon and select Rakuten.
3. Complete the required fields and options for the Channel Config:
- Channel Name – give your channel a name.
- Channel Code – give your channel a code for reference.
- Parent Web Channel – the channel that will be the basis of default settings of the Rakuten channel.
4. Enter your Return Address information, and click Next to continue.
5. Enter the account credentials of your Rakuten account and click Create Channel.
The channel will be listed under the Marketplace section of the Channels page.
Configuring Your Rakuten Channel Settings
Jazva offers a wide range of options you can update to finetune your channel. Many of these settings are optional, but we recommend you review every single option available on the Setup tab.
1. Complete and configure the required settings, options and information:
- Channel Name – give a name for the channel.
- Channel Code – give the channel a code and color for your reference.
- Parent Web Channel – sets a channel to be the basis of default settings of the Rakuten channel.
- Import Orders
- Process Orders From - set a date from which orders should be imported.
- Last Order Sync Date - Jazva will pull order data from all orders from after this date.
- Maximum Inventory – sets a maximum monetary amount of inventory to be published to the channel per SKU. For example, the limit is set at $3,000 and a SKU that is sold for $40 and the real inventory on hand is 220pcs. Jazva will publish only 75 pieces to the channel (75 x $40 = $3,000).
- Maximum Inventory Count – sets a maximum unit amount of inventory to be published to the channel.
- Import Customers with Orders - if you check this box, new CRM contacts will be created when importing your orders.
- Channel Merging Priority - this only applies when merging products. The higher this number, the products sold on this channel will have more priority to be selected as the main product when merging.
- Import Listings - set how Jazva should import your products from Rakuten.
- Publish Listings - select how you would like Jazva to publish and update your listings. This option will not affect inventory updates.
- Merchant ID – obtain this from your Rakuten merchant account.
- Login – the email you use to log into Rakuten.com
- Password – the password you use to log into Rakuten
- Image Option - sets a default size to the images published on the channel.
- Enable Email Communications for This Channel - Activating this setting will allow emails to be sent out from this channel.
- Base Category – sets the root category for importing products and mapping other categories.
- Jazva Billing Code - billing code for internal use
- Sandbox – sets the channel on sandbox mode. Turn this off when you are ready to activate the channel.
- Channel Owner – sets a designated owner of the channel.
2. Click Update to save.
3. Click the Profile tab and complete or update the pertinent contact and shipping information.
4. Select eligible Shipping Carriers for the channel. It is recommended to mark All Carriers, so that Jazva can recommend the least expensive shipping method and carrier from all your set options.
5. Click Save, and return to the channel’s Setup tab.
6. Click Activate and the channel will be live.
Jazva will start importing products right after activation and will continue to import listings on the next periodic update.