Learn how to connect your Amazon account in Jazva.
Creating a New Amazon Channel in Jazva
1. From the main menu, go to Setup and select Channels.
2. From the Marketplace section, click the + icon and select Amazon.
3. Complete the required fields and options on the Channel Config wizard:
- Channel Name – give your channel a name.
- Channel Code – give your channel a code and color for reference.
- Marketplace ID, Merchant ID (Seller ID) & MWS Auth Token – obtain these credentials from the Amazon MWS registration page. Please refer to Steps to sign up for Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) article for more information.
Once you are done filling out all the fields, click on "Obtain a Merchant Id" to authorize Jazva to access your selling account using Amazon MWS.
Then, click Next.
- Enter your Return Address information, and click Next to continue.
- Review your information and click Create Channel.
The new channel will be listed under the Marketplace section of the Channels page.
Configuring Your Amazon Channel Settings
Jazva offers a wide range of options you can update to finetune your channel. Many of these settings are optional, but we recommend you review every single option available.
1. Complete or update the following settings as needed:
- Import All Existing Listings – import all listings from the channel.
- Import Primary Existing Listings Only – limit the import to listings you have created only.
- Merchant ID - obtain the Seller ID from the Amazon MWS registration page.
- Marketplace ID - obtain the Marketplace ID from the Amazon MWS registration page.
- MWS Auth Token - obtain the MWS Auth Token from the Amazon MWS registration page.
- Registered Parameter – if applicable, this setting is populated based on your Amazon UPC exemption.
- Fulfillment Latency - Set a number of days (1-30) between the order date and the actual ship date to allow lead time to ship. This lets Amazon and your customers know exactly how many days it will take before the order will be shipped.
- Amazon Restock Date - Enable Jazva to push restock dates to Amazon. If an out-of-stock item is on-order from a vendor and there is a purchase order with an ETA, Jazva will push the ETA to Amazon, notifying them of when your products will be back in stock.
- Parent Web Channel – sets a channel to be the basis of default settings of the Amazon channel.
- Import Orders - set how Jazva should retrieve orders from Amazon.
- Process Orders From - set a date from which orders should be imported.
- Last Order Sync Date - Jazva will pull order data from all orders from after this date.
- Maximum Inventory – sets a maximum monetary amount of inventory to be published to the channel per SKU. For example, the limit is set at $3,000 and a SKU that is sold for $40 has an inventory on hand of 220pcs. Jazva will only publish 75 pieces to the channel (75 x $40 = $3,000).
- Maximum Inventory Count – sets a maximum unit amount of inventory to be published to the channel.
- Channel Merging Priority - This setting applies only when merging products from two or more channels. Enter a number to define the priority of this channel when merging products. The higher the number, the higher the chance that products from this channel will be selected as the main product when merging.
- Publish Listings - select how you would like Jazva to publish and update your listings. This option will not affect inventory updates.
- Image Option - sets a default size to the images published on the channel.
- Base Category – sets the root category for importing products and mapping other categories.
- Jazva Billing Code - a billing code for internal reference.
- Sandbox – sets the channel on sandbox mode. This must be unchecked to set your channel active.
- Channel Owner – sets a designated owner of the channel.
2. Click Update to save your settings.
3. Switch to the Profile tab and complete or update the pertinent contact and shipping information.
4. Select eligible Shipping Carriers for the channel. It is recommended to check All Carriers, so that Jazva can automatically select the least expensive shipping method and carrier from all your set options.
5. Click Save, and return to the channel’s Setup tab.
6. Click Activate and the channel will be live.